Anime Madness

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Share | 

AM Skype group chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator

Credits : 2340

PostSubject: AM Skype group chat   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Since Hattie got a bit carried away on adding new members to the chat group, and informed me that, on her and mikay's decision the group was meant for both AU and AM members, I'd like to point a few things out.

The AM core members are used to share private details on this group, and converse there with a great amount of trust. I really like the athmosphere there because of this. If now a lot of new members are added, this means that we share our details with strangers in the best, or that our group turns into another perverted, disgusting GCT side group like so many others.

To avoid having to close up against each other or even people leaving because they can't stand the discussions, I hereby want to propose the making of a new AM-only chatgroup (exceptions for Nino and Starrie) in which we'll discuss briefly before we add a new member to esure the safety of the user's details and the continuation of our relaxed familiarity.

I'll start making the group tomorrow, up to you if you agree to my point.

"Look at the world through our eyes
and smile!"

Ruriel outdid herself with those two creepy-smiling guys xD
you know she is a tsun-de-re!^^:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ConConCon
Major
Major

Credits : 1454

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 pm

I have mixed feelings about this...

You want new members on AM, yet you don't want "strangers"

I do agree though that we shouldn't be adding too many people from AU, but with the things they are now, that seems like the only way possible. Other websites won't let you advertise.

Yes, there is a reason why I put my picture on here and not on AU, and that was because I felt more comfortable here. Yes, I freaked out when there was the AM chaos on AU. Yes, I don't want some people from AU seeing my face.

But to me, that is as private as things get. I'm not exactly sure what kind of details you want to share, but you shouldn't be sharing anything too private online in the first place.

Wow my ideas are all over the place ._.

Let me just say that I do agree with the whole "turning it into a GCT side group" thing. But, if we make a new group now, I feel like the new members will feel offended, and I don't want to deal with that.

bounce <3 bounce :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator

Credits : 2704

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:59 am

i agree with Concon.. and  i didnt get carried away okay Krammer?  I wanted to add more people because  our group chat has been really inactive.. and the ppl that i've picked are safe and friendly like us..

and i honestly dont like the idea of you creating a new group chat.. theres too many group chats for us..now...  

Last edited by KimHaedi on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:10 am

ok, you seem to have misunderstood. I don't want to remove anyone new here, everyone with an AM account or currently active on the other chat is welcome. (Yes, hattie, I mean that.)

My concerns are, that if we continue adding strangers, there will be either that one guy that takes advantage of how open we are (this happened already, the guy in fact made two accounts here, the person mainly compromised was hattie because she's been too trusting towards a stranger, so talk about issues), or we have people there who will spam the discussion. I want to prevent that before it happens, and I wouldn't ask anyone to leave the other group because of the new one, I just want a place where we can continue sharing pics and stuff like we did.

and smile!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator

Credits : 2704

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:05 am

well you have explained it like that way...LOL.. uh.. the people i've added . i've made sure that tehy are safe to talk with and they are familiar with some of us already.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:28 am

I disagree.

Creating another group chat is highly unnecessary. Also, trust matters are something that we can always deal late or later. Yes, we should be aware and careful of the personal information we share online but we always meet and start with someone as a stranger. Giving them the chance to prove themselves to be trustworthy is always the first step.
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:11 am

Terrah wrote:
I disagree.

Creating another group chat is highly unnecessary. Also, trust matters are something that we can always deal late or later. Yes, we should be aware and careful of the personal information we share online but we always meet and start with someone as a stranger. Giving them the chance to prove themselves to be trustworthy is always the first step.

I just think it will be hard to look into that if we have five people a day joining. i'll explain the whole matter to you later if you want, but you're late anyways, this has been talk out and resolved.

And if it's too crowded in the Skype group, we still have the chatbox Razz

and smile!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AM Skype group chat   

Back to top Go down

AM Skype group chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top